- June 8: Hyundai Exploding Seat Belt Pretensioner Investigation Closed investigations | 1 days ago
- May 22: Kia Telluride Windshield Class Action Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- May 18: Hyundai Kia Lawsuit Settlement Reached Over Thefts news | 22 days ago
- May 3: Kia Instrument Cluster Recall Affects 109,000 Vehicles recalls | 37 days ago
- April 24: Stolen Hyundai Crashes Into Toyota SUV, Killing Christian Romero, 23 news | 46 days ago
Sludge In Engine
2012 Kia Sorento
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Kia dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: As long as catastrophic engine failure at under 60,000 miles is the top owner complaint, it'll be pretty hard to recommend the 2012 Sorento.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 55,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine (2 reports)
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2012 Sorento problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
We own a 2012 Kia Sorento SX. It currently has 55,000 miles on it and is still covered under warranty. It started smoking up with a bad smell and we took it to the Kia dealer for diagnosis. They had our car for a week, only to return it to us unfixed. They told us that there is sludge in the engine and the only solution is an engine replacement which Kia will not cover under warranty without at least 7 oil filter receipts. Each time we start our Sorento now, there is a large fume of bad smelling smoke. I am afraid that the engine will seize any day now after reading the multitude of reports of catastrophic engine failures on this model. There was also a class action lawsuit recently filed regarding Kia engine oil defect, but was voluntarily dismissed for reasons unknown. I have filed a complaint with the WA state attorney general's office and currently the WA state insurance commissioner's office has become involved with this complaint.
- doclaray, Bothell, WA, US