2015 Lincoln MKC electrical problems: battery not keeping charge

Battery Not Keeping Charge

2015 Lincoln MKC

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Lincoln dealer.

7.3

2015 Lincoln MKC electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Lincoln MKC:

2015 Lincoln MKC Owner Comments

Mar 292017

MKC

This is the second time in 5 months that I have tried to start my car after leaving it in the garage overnight and it won't start. First time I was told that I must have left my lights on and argued with the dealership that I don't leave my lights on ever, they are in the automatic setting. Was told there was nothing wrong with the car and sent me on my way.

This morning again, no power, can't even manually open my liftgate to retrieve items. Waiting for the dealership to tell me again that there isn't anything wrong. There is something electrical going on but becoming very frustrated with a car I have had not even two years.

- , Bowling Green, OH, US

Nov 122014

MKC ES

dealership towed vehicle and replaced battery - said there was a constant drain on the battery from the welcome lights

- , Ssm, ON, Canada

Sep 182016

MKC 2.0L

Twice in 3 months, battery completely dead after being in the garage overnight. No problems with vehicle until after modem sensor update service performed. Took the vehicle to the dealership each time and they can not detect a problem. Of course, they only looked at the vehicle for less than 1 hour the second time and only did a draw test because I insisted. The first time, the dealership only checked the battery charge level. Any suggestions? I doubt a new battery will resolve the issue.

- , Bay City, MI, USA

Jul 082016

MKC Reserve 2.0L Ecoboost

My 2015 MKC didn't start again for the fourth time in a month, in the shop now for the third time. Probably would be four, but we were on VACATION when it died the third time.

First time at dealer, they ran some diagnostics, did some resetting and was told battery was good. Then we left for vacation. Eight days later stone dead. Got a jump and cut vacation short by 3 days. The day after we got home (2 days later) stone dead again. Got a jump drove to dealer and they had it for 11 days and with 3 pages of technician notes in my hand we came home with a new battery. Three weeks later AGAIN. I don't lock it at night in our garage, so the welcome mat SHOULDN"T be going all disco. The fab is sometimes in the car overnight, but I've been doing this since I got the car in April 2015 and had no trouble with the car what so ever. This started after the recall modem swap. Anyone else had trouble after modem swap? I love this car, but just want it to work!!!!

- , Bay City, WI, USA

May 302016

MKC Limited 3.2L Ecoboost

Three times for no reason, nothing left on, the battery has been completely dead on my 2015 MKC. Ford service cannot find any reason for this. Ahhhhhh

- , Keystone, SD, USA

Aug 052015

MKC

dead battery 3xdead battery repeated 3x

AAA visits on three recent occasions indicated bad battery cell, but also a continuing power drain even though everything appears to be off. There is apparently an unidentified electrical issue with the system.

- , Hilton Head Island, SC, USA