- November 24: Nissan Altima CVT Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 19 days ago
- November 22: Nissan CVT Settlement Reached news | 21 days ago
- November 18: Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Replacement Program news | 25 days ago
- November 17: Nissan Infiniti Peeling Paint Class Action Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 26 days ago
- November 15: Nissan ABS Actuator Recall Issued For Risk of Fires recalls | 28 days ago
AC, Heater Not Working Properly
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine & transmission problems.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem. The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
The 2006 Altima also has a defect trend of CVT transmission failure showing up around the 100,000 mile mark.
It's an expensive repair at over $2,000 average repair cost. For more information see Nissan Altima CVT defect info on NissanProblems.com.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 125,150 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (5 reports)
AC / heater problem