- November 23: Infiniti FX Bubbling Dashboard Lawsuit Verdict Overturned news | 2 days ago
- November 19: Nissan Versa Coil Spring Recall Expanded recalls | 6 days ago
- November 16: Nissan Rogues Recalled To Fix Rear Seat Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- November 11: Nissan Altima Rusted Floor Pans Cause Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- November 8: Nissan Versa CVT Lawsuit Alleges Cars Fail to Accelerate news | 17 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train Problems
2006 Nissan Altima (Page 2 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
1.9hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 87,723 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.