- December 28: Nissan Wants Altima Floorboard Lawsuit Tossed news | 23 days ago
- December 27: Nissan Forward Emergency Braking Malfunction Causes Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 40 days ago
- December 7: 2013 Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Failures Investigated investigations | 44 days ago
- December 2: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed Over Sensors news | 49 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
More info & videos about the Nissan ESCL defect are available over at NissanProblems.com.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 3,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- give back the car (1 reports)
windows / windshield problem