- August 8: Nissan Altima Rust Class Action Lawsuit Nears Final Hearing news | 5 days ago
- July 30: Nissan Infotainment System Problems Cause Recall recalls | 14 days ago
- July 24: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Certified as Class Action news | 20 days ago
- July 1: Nissan Frontier and Titan Owners Warned to Use Parking Brakes recalls | 43 days ago
- June 28: Nissan Pathfinder Hood Latch Recall Follows Investigation recalls | 46 days ago
Floor Boards Rusted Out
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Nissan Maxima has a significant trend of timing chain problems, which can ruin the engine.
Nissan used an "interference" design where the valves pop out into the path of the cylinder heads. Normally the timing chain keeps the valves opening at all the right times, but when Nissan's timing chain breaks or "jumps time", the cylinder heads smash into open valves & cause thousands of dollars of engine damage in one very quick & surprisingly unimpressive "PPPRRRRING!" sound.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan managed to fix the transmission problem for the 2007 model. The engine timing chain problems are a serious concern though.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 75,350 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace floor boards (3 reports)
body / paint problem