- December 28: Nissan Wants Altima Floorboard Lawsuit Tossed news | 21 days ago
- December 27: Nissan Forward Emergency Braking Malfunction Causes Lawsuit news | 22 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 38 days ago
- December 7: 2013 Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Failures Investigated investigations | 42 days ago
- December 2: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed Over Sensors news | 47 days ago
Nissan Recall : Air Bag & Steering Column Fasteners
2010 Nissan Pathfinder
In the event of a crash, the passenger front air bag deployment trajectory might be affected. The fasteners could possibly come out of the steering column positioning bracket increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Gear Box — Shaft Sector
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
- Nissan has notified NHTSA of a defect in certain model year 2010 frontier, Pathfinder, and xterra vehicles manufactured from February 22, 2010 to March 13, 2010. On some of the potentially affected vehicles, the fasteners securing the passenger front air bag module, and also the fasteners securing the steering shaft positioning bracket may not have been tightened to the proper torque specification.
- Dealers will inspect the steering column and the passenger front air bag fasteners and any missing fasteners will be replaced and all loose fasteners will be retightened to the proper torque specifications free of charge. The safety recall began on April 19, 2010. Owners may contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.