- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 5 days ago
- December 7: 2013 Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Failures Investigated investigations | 9 days ago
- December 2: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed Over Sensors news | 14 days ago
- December 2: Goodyear All-Terrain Tire Lawsuit Nets Plaintiff Millions news | 14 days ago
- December 2: Consumers Confused by Partially Automated Driving Features news | 14 days ago
Nissan Recall : Nissan/Crank Position Sensor
2001 Nissan Sentra
If the engine stops running while the vehicle is in motion, it could result in a crash.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Engine — Gasoline
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles equipped with a 1.8 liter engine. The engine could stop running while being driven due to a defective crank position sensor. This could also result in the "service engine soon" warning light coming on or reduced engine power.
- Dealers will replace the crank position sensors. Owner notification began December 10, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.