- July 15: Nissan Recalls 105,000 Versas For Deadly Takata Airbags recalls | 6 days ago
- July 3: Nissan XTRONIC CVT Lawsuit Includes Jukes and Versas news | 18 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 26 days ago
- May 21: JATCO CVT8HT Reliability Questioned in Nissan Lawsuit news | 61 days ago
- April 29: Nissan Timing Chain Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 83 days ago
Nissan Recall : Nissan/Steel Wheels
2001 Nissan Sentra
Separation of the wheel from the vehicle while being operated could result in a vehicle crash.
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The cooling holes in the steel wheel may have burrs on their edges as a result of improper manufacturing. These burrs can cause cracks as the vehicle is being driven. Cracks can propagate between adjacent cooling holes. If enough cracks develop between the cooling holes, the wheel could fail and separate from the mounting hub without prior warning.
- Dealers will inspect for cracks and replace the wheel if cracks are discovered. Owner notification will be conducted in two phases. The first mailing began October 1, 2001, asking owners to bring their vehicles in to a dealer for inspection of the wheels. Any wheels with cracks will be replaced. A second owner notification will begin in early December, at which time Nissan will have an adequate number of replacement wheels, requesting owners to return to their dealers to have the wheels replaced. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.