- January 15: Nissan Recalls 308,000 Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 10 days ago
- November 24: Nissan Altima CVT Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 62 days ago
- November 22: Nissan CVT Settlement Reached news | 64 days ago
- November 18: Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Replacement Program news | 68 days ago
- November 17: Nissan Infiniti Peeling Paint Class Action Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 69 days ago
2014 Nissan Sentra (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013-2017 Nissan Sentra has an expensive CVT transmission failure defect that shows up plainly in our complaint data.
In late 2019, the CVT defect was subject to a class action settlement. However the settlement only covers transmission repairs up to 7 years after purchase or 84,000 miles (whichever occurs first).
Because many owners commonly drive 20,000 miles/year or more, Sentra owners experiencing CVT transmission problems may find they are not covered by this settlement due to the mileage limitation.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 79,100 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 38 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- transmission replacement (18 reports)
- replaced transmission (16 reports)
- not sure (4 reports)