- May 11: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Dismissed news | 3 days ago
- May 2: 2022 Nissan Rogues Need New Fuel Tanks recalls | 12 days ago
- April 22: Nissan Sentra Headlight Replacement Recall Affects 6,000 Cars recalls | 22 days ago
- March 13: Nissan Altima Rust Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 62 days ago
- March 11: Top Vehicle Safety Picks For 2022 news | 64 days ago
2014 Nissan Sentra (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013-2017 Nissan Sentra has an expensive CVT transmission failure defect that shows up plainly in our complaint data.
In late 2019, the CVT defect was subject to a class action settlement. However the settlement only covers transmission repairs up to 7 years after purchase or 84,000 miles (whichever occurs first).
Because many owners commonly drive 20,000 miles/year or more, Sentra owners experiencing CVT transmission problems may find they are not covered by this settlement due to the mileage limitation.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 85,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 48 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- transmission replacement (26 reports)
- replaced transmission (16 reports)
- not sure (5 reports)
- replace transmission (1 reports)