- August 8: Nissan Altima Rust Class Action Lawsuit Nears Final Hearing news | 5 days ago
- July 30: Nissan Infotainment System Problems Cause Recall recalls | 14 days ago
- July 24: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Certified as Class Action news | 20 days ago
- July 1: Nissan Frontier and Titan Owners Warned to Use Parking Brakes recalls | 43 days ago
- June 28: Nissan Pathfinder Hood Latch Recall Follows Investigation recalls | 46 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013-2017 Nissan Sentra has an expensive CVT transmission failure defect that shows up plainly in our complaint data from the earlier model years in this same 7th generation Sentra.
In late 2019, the CVT defect was subject to a class action settlement. However the settlement only covers transmission repairs up to 7 years after purchase or 84,000 miles (whichever occurs first).
Because many owners commonly drive 20,000 miles/year or more, Sentra owners experiencing CVT transmission problems may find they are not covered by this settlement due to the mileage limitation.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 49,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
- replace lower engine torque mount and valve body (1 reports)