- November 1: Nissan AEB Malfunction Lawsuit to Continue news | 34 days ago
- October 18: Nissan Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Warranties news | 48 days ago
- October 6: Nissan Recalls Altima, LEAF and Maxima Vehicles recalls | 60 days ago
- September 25: Nissan Titan Recall Ordered Over LED Headlights recalls | 71 days ago
2012 Nissan Versa (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012-2017 Nissan Versa has an expensive CVT transmission failure defect that shows up plainly in our complaint data.
In late 2019, the CVT defect was subject to a class action settlement. However the settlement only covers transmission repairs up to 7 years after purchase or 84,000 miles (whichever occurs first).
Because many owners commonly drive 20,000 miles/year or more, Versa owners experiencing CVT transmission problems may find they are not covered by this settlement due to the mileage limitation.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 73,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 71 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new transmission (41 reports)
- replaced transmission with remanufactured transmission (15 reports)
- not sure (13 reports)
- junked the car (2 reports)