- July 8: Nissan Lease Wear and Tear Fee Lawsuit Dismissed news | 4 days ago
- July 5: 2009 Nissan Murano Soft Brake Pedal Lawsuit Dismissed news | 7 days ago
- June 7: Nissan LEAF 'Passenger Airbag Off' Investigation Closed investigations | 35 days ago
- June 4: Nissan Altima Hood Latch Recall: No. 4 recalls | 38 days ago
- May 9: Mercedes Fined $63 Million Over Alleged Emissions Violations news | 64 days ago
Transmission Stopped Working
2013 Nissan Versa (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012-2017 Nissan Versa has an expensive CVT transmission failure defect that shows up plainly in our complaint data.
In late 2019, the CVT defect was subject to a class action settlement. However the settlement only covers transmission repairs up to 7 years after purchase or 84,000 miles (whichever occurs first).
Because many owners commonly drive 20,000 miles/year or more, Versa owners experiencing CVT transmission problems may find they are not covered by this settlement due to the mileage limitation.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 90,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 23 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (20 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)