- March 23: Toyota Fuel Pump Class Action Says Cars Suddenly Stall news | 12 days ago
- March 19: Toyota Recalls Highlanders To Prevent Stalled Engines recalls | 16 days ago
- March 14: Toyota Brake Failure Lawsuit Says Recall Is Needed news | 21 days ago
- March 8: Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Fuel Tank Class Action Lawsuit news | 27 days ago
- March 4: Toyota Fuel Pump Recall Expanded To Nearly 2 Million Vehicles recalls | 31 days ago
Engine Sludge And Blown Engine
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2003 Camry. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2003 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2003 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 89,350 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- rebuild engine (1 reports)