- April 30: Toyota RAV4 Adaptive Headlights Lawsuit Dismissed news | 26 days ago
- April 24: Stolen Hyundai Crashes Into Toyota SUV, Killing Christian Romero, 23 news | 32 days ago
- April 12: Toyota RAV4 Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Says Glass Shatters news | 44 days ago
- March 29: Toyota RAV4 Roof Rail Leaks Lead to Class Action Lawsuit news | 58 days ago
- March 14: Toyota Camry Air Conditioner Smell Lawsuit is Over news | 73 days ago
Engine Sludge And Blown Engine
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2003 Camry. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2003 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2003 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 89,350 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- rebuild engine (1 reports)
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2003 Camry problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
oil and engine light came on. it had plenty of oil. took it to the dealer and told it was sludged up and needed to be rebuilt and block. dealer cost 7999.00 another shop 4500.00. still burning oil and already signs of sludge after only 15000 miles.
- Eric S., Orange Park, FL, US