- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 5 days ago
- August 17: Toyota Camry Recall Will Repair Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 5 days ago
- August 6: Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrids Recalled For Backup Cameras recalls | 16 days ago
- August 1: Weight Labels Cause Southeast Toyota Distributors Recall recalls | 21 days ago
- July 25: Toyota Brake Booster Pump Recall Issued For 7,200 Vehicles recalls | 28 days ago
2003 Toyota Camry
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2003 Camry. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2003 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2003 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
2003 Toyota Camry Steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Knocking Noise When Turning Steering Wheel20
- Moaning Noise When Turning Wheel5
- Noise When Steering2
- Steering Wheel Locks Up In Turns2
- Steering Wheel Vibration2
- Quacks Like A Duck1
- Steering Pops Or Clicks When Turning1
- NHTSA: Steering38
- NHTSA: Steering: Column9
- NHTSA: Steering: Wheel And Handle Bar3
- NHTSA: Steering: Column Locking: Anti-Theft Device1
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages1
- NHTSA: Steering: Rack And Pinion: Rack1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.