- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 1 days ago
- August 17: Toyota Camry Recall Will Repair Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 1 days ago
- August 6: Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrids Recalled For Backup Cameras recalls | 12 days ago
- August 1: Weight Labels Cause Southeast Toyota Distributors Recall recalls | 17 days ago
- July 25: Toyota Brake Booster Pump Recall Issued For 7,200 Vehicles recalls | 24 days ago
Knocking Noise When Turning Steering Wheel
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2003 Camry. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2003 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2003 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 42,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 20 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (16 reports)
- replaced steering rack (2 reports)
- replace lower steering assembly (1 reports)
- replace steering shaft (1 reports)