- December 1: Toyota RAV4 Primes Recalled For Headlight Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- November 30: BMW Z4 and Toyota Supra Recall: Fuel Leaks recalls | 3 days ago
- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 6 days ago
- November 25: Toyota Recalls RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid, Avalon, Avalon Hybrid recalls | 8 days ago
- October 28: Toyota Fuel Pump Recall Expanded to 5.8 Million Vehicles recalls | 36 days ago
Knocking Noise When Turning Steering Wheel
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2003 Camry. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2003 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2003 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 42,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 20 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (16 reports)
- replaced steering rack (2 reports)
- replace lower steering assembly (1 reports)
- replace steering shaft (1 reports)