- December 6: About 1.4 Million Takata Non-Azide Driver Inflators Recalled recalls | 1 days ago
- November 23: Rear Seat Belt Reminder Systems Are Still Needed news | 14 days ago
- November 23: Takata Airbag Settlements Reached in Canada news | 14 days ago
- October 26: Toyota Bluetooth Echo Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 42 days ago
- October 20: Toyota Airbag Recall Issued For 928,000 Vehicles recalls | 48 days ago
2006 Toyota Camry
CarComplaints.com Notes: How can we give the 2006 Camry our "Seal of Awesome" when the NHTSA data shows engine problems in the triple digits & multiple deaths/injuries/crashes etc?
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2006 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
In other words, it's our opinion that the 2 deaths & other injuries/fires/crashes reported to the NHTSA are significant, but (unfortunately) not out of the ordinary for any vehicle, once you factor in the effects of the extended national media coverage of Camry unintended acceleration issues.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2006 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
2006 Toyota Camry Brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Anti-Lock Brake Wiring Design Fault1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic19
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock8
- NHTSA: Service Brakes5
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control2
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Electric1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Pedals And Linkages1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.