- June 18: Toyota Loses $12 Million 4Runner Axle Lawsuit news | 5 days ago
- June 16: Toyota Rodent/Wiring Lawsuit Dismissed news | 7 days ago
- May 9: Toyota Highlander Steering Wheels Are Falling Off investigations | 45 days ago
- April 25: Continental Tire Wins Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 59 days ago
- April 4: 2018 Toyota Tacoma Bent Rear Axle Warped Brake Drums: Lawsuit news | 80 days ago
NHTSA — Wheels Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 4 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 4 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 45,541 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
wheels / hubs problem