- November 15: Toyota Recalls 40,000 Prius Plug-In Hybrids That Can Stall recalls | 9 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls C-HR SUVs Due to Parking Brake Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- November 11: Toyota Tundra Rear Bumper Lawsuit Says Brackets Failed news | 13 days ago
- October 28: Subaru Admits Selling Vehicles Without Proper Inspections news | 27 days ago
- October 19: Toyota Recalls Sienna Minivans Over Rollaway Risk recalls | 36 days ago
NHTSA — Visibility/Wiper Problems
2009 Toyota Camry (Page 2 of 3)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 46,424 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
accessories - exterior problem