8.0

$130

2. replace battery (2 reports)
2015 Toyota Camry steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Camry:

2015 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Jul 112020

Camry 4 cyl

Thank you Carcomplaints.com for solving my problem with the steering on my 2015 Toyota Camry. Of the first 10 complaints I read, 2 of them, #61 and #56, dealt with my problem, which is caused by low voltage from the battery. As discussed, no warning lights and no problems starting the car, but the low battery voltage caused it to pull one way or the other.Thank you again for solving our problem.

- Bill G., Meridian, MS, US

Jul 102020

Camry XLS 4 cyl

I was looking online to see if anyone else had this problem and seeing so many other complaints of similar problems I felt I should report my problem as well. Steering wheel will pull hard to the right. Pulls harder when going slower and in city. Pulls harder when you run over a bump. I have to be focused and hold the steering wheel firm or car would go off the road. It happens 50% of the time when I get into the car and drive. It does seem to get better the farther I travel. I will look into battery replacement to see if that will fix the problem. I don't have any battery issues, car starts right up every time so I would never have thought to replace the battery. My charge is good so it's hard to pay out $120.00 for new battery when the old one is fine. I just hope it fixes the steering issue before one of my kids drives the car and doesn't hold firm to the steering wheel.

- Troy F., Bountiful, UT, US

Jul 082019

Camry XSE V4

After having an alignment done and a replacement sway bar and links installed, I noticed driving at slow speeds my wheel would turn and drive the car left. Then I would constantly fight with it until I reached a higher speed usually about 15/20mph. I assumed it was the work they had done so I had them check the alignment. I was told that a slight adjustment had to be made and that I was all set. I left and drove down the road, everything was fine. The second I stopped to make a tighter turn, everything starts back again. This time to the left. I bring it back in, they check the alignment. Again, a slight adjustment was made. I leave, and come back immediately. The car now is pulling to the right again, so I asked to speak with their head mechanic and was greeted by the service foreman. He drove it with me and immediately noticed the issue I had been complaining about. He informs me that it was the steering wheel and that it was probably out of calibration. He hooks it up, recalibrated it and he drove it about 40 feet. Everything was fine until he parks it and hands me the keys. And I go to try it. First turn. Everything comes back again. He has an appointment for me to return Monday. Now, it's pulling to both directions, typically the last direction turned. The wheel feels loose when held straight but feels a slight resistance when it is turned. I definitely don't feel safe driving with it at the moment. There are times that I feel that it jerks the wheel back the opposite way if I let go after a slight turn. Lastly, once at higher speeds, it typically goes back to normal. Though I've had a few times intermittently that it has pulled at the higher speeds.

- Caleb P., San Diego, US

Apr 222019

Camry SE 4 cyl

Started car one evening last week and noted steering felt loose as car pulled left. Drove cautiously for a few miles and stopped for a few minutes after turning off engine. On restart, steering felt normal. Drove 50 miles to get home at 70 mph without any problem. Next day problem repeated, car pulled left, steering felt loose. Drove for a few miles around the neighborhood and normal steering returned. On the following day, while preparing for a 1300 mile trip from Florida to New Jersey, the battery was dead. Got a boost and started car. Steering was sloppy again but improved after a few miles. Drove 200 miles to Orlando, no problem. Decided to buy a new battery in Orlando. Drove another 1200 miles to New Jersey without any steering issues, stopping multiple times for pit stops and motels, etc. Scary s—t friends. As a retired engineer, I suspect the control module for the steering motor is voltage sensitive, and the reason for the improved steering after driving a few miles is that the alternator has charged the battery sufficiently to manage the electric steering properly..

- Norm W., River Vale, US

Jan 202019

Camry LE 2.5L 4 cyl

Will take car to dealer but based on so many similar complaints, there needs to be a recall.

- gkatthebeachgk, Ocean Isle, US

Feb 262019

Camry SE 4 cyl

The steering puss hard left without warning. Dangerous. It is a sham that Toyota issued a very limited recall on this issue. How can this be legal? Based on the number of identical complaints, this is clearly a common manufacturing defect.

Recall please!!!