- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 8 days ago
- August 17: Toyota Camry Recall Will Repair Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- August 6: Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrids Recalled For Backup Cameras recalls | 19 days ago
- August 1: Weight Labels Cause Southeast Toyota Distributors Recall recalls | 24 days ago
- July 25: Toyota Brake Booster Pump Recall Issued For 7,200 Vehicles recalls | 31 days ago
Toyota Recall J0K/JLD: Brake Assist Vacuum Pump May Fail
2018 Toyota Camry
A sudden loss of braking assist can increase the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Power Assist — Vacuum
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2018 Toyota Camry and Highlander vehicles, 2017 Toyota Sienna and Tacoma vehicles and 2017 Lexus RX350 vehicles. During the manufacturing process, the oil galley in the rotor for the brake booster vacuum pump assembly may have been improperly machined possibly resulting in a sudden loss of brake assist.
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake booster vacuum pump, free of charge. The recall began on May 9, 2018. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-888-270-9371, or Lexus customer service at 1-800-255-3987. Toyota's numbers for this recall are J0K/JLD.
Click a tab for more information.