3.0

2018 Toyota Camry transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Toyota Camry:

2018 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Oct 202018

Camry SE 2.5L

I bought my 2018 Camry SE on Oct 13,2018 and it's been about 4 weeks now. Ever since, I noticed that the transmission has been acting weird. The acceleration is lagging and slow to take off. When I step on the gas harder, it's start moving but it feels like it's launching and jerking sometimes, it's scares me. Especially in traffic.

I so called to Toyota automaker to complaint about this issue. Hopefully they do something about this.

- Andy C., San Gabriel, CA, United States

Jun 012018

Camry LE 2.4L

I just purchased this vehicle on memorial day. This is my 5th Camry LE, so no dealer can tell me that how the 4 cylinder drives. When I accelerate to change the lane or merging into the fwy the car won't speed up. I almost got rear ended coupon times. I posted this is on Toyota's Facebook and got a comment from them to call their 1-800#. I called today and was told that nobody reported this issue. I wonder how's that? The NHTSA website has over 30 complaints about this. Their Facebook has complaints. They are just liars. If you have this issue report to NHTSA website, call Toyota corporation, report on Facebook, report on all sites you see people complain. This is the only way we can do something!!! This car is unsafe!!!!!!

- Liliya S., Montebello, CA, US