- October 8: Toyota Camry Air Conditioning Smell Lawsuit Will Continue news | 9 days ago
- September 22: Toyota Recalls Land Cruiser, Lexus LX470 and LX570 recalls | 25 days ago
- September 9: Gulf States Toyota Recalls Highlanders and Highlander Hybrids recalls | 38 days ago
- August 1: Toyota Dealer Roger Hogan Sues Toyota Over Recall Program news | 77 days ago
- July 25: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Lawsuit Says Systems Are Defective news | 84 days ago
2004 Toyota Highlander
Worst 2004 Highlander engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- stripped engine treads/bolts5
- stripped engine head bolts2
- cracked cylinder head1
- crank shaft pulley failure1
- crankshaft bearing failure1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control31
- NHTSA: Engine14
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling10
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal7
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine5
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Highlander Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Highlander compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Highlander overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Highlander.