- December 9: Toyota Soy Wiring Class-Action Lawsuit Filed in Massachusetts news | 2 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls 40,000 Prius Plug-In Hybrids That Can Stall recalls | 26 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls C-HR SUVs Due to Parking Brake Problems recalls | 26 days ago
- November 11: Toyota Tundra Rear Bumper Lawsuit Says Brackets Failed news | 30 days ago
- October 28: Subaru Admits Selling Vehicles Without Proper Inspections news | 44 days ago
2003 Toyota RAV4
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: If you're looking for a vehicle with one of the most complained about transmission on the road, look no further than the 2001-2003 Toyota RAV4.
In 2001 Toyota completely redesigned the popular SUV. While some enjoyed the new look, they did not enjoy the harsh shifting, jumping from gear-to-gear and eventual transmission failure that cost owners well over $3,000 to fix. The problem stems from a malfunctioning Electronic Control Module (ECM).
Consumer outrage coupled with pressure from different agencies led Toyota to extend the warranty nationwide back in 2010. The previous power train warranty only covered 5 years/60,000 miles, while the extended warranty now covers the transmission and ECM for 10 years/150,000 miles. Toyota also pledged to reimburse any owners who had previously paid for repairs, if they had "proper proof". Good luck collecting on that one.