- September 6: Toyota Invests $500 Million in Ride-Sharing Giant Uber news | 18 days ago
- September 5: Toyota Prius Recall Issued For Risk of Fires recalls | 19 days ago
- September 3: Toyota Cleared in Crash of 2005 Tundra news | 21 days ago
- August 31: 2012 Toyota Avalon Recalled For Seat Belt Buckles recalls | 24 days ago
- August 31: Minivan Crash Test Ratings For 2018-2019 Models news | 24 days ago
2003 Toyota RAV4
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: If you're looking for a vehicle with one of the most complained about transmission on the road, look no further than the 2001-2003 Toyota RAV4.
In 2001 Toyota completely redesigned the popular SUV. While some enjoyed the new look, they did not enjoy the harsh shifting, jumping from gear-to-gear and eventual transmission failure that cost owners well over $3,000 to fix. The problem stems from a malfunctioning Electronic Control Module (ECM).
Consumer outrage coupled with pressure from different agencies led Toyota to extend the warranty nationwide back in 2010. The previous power train warranty only covered 5 years/60,000 miles, while the extended warranty now covers the transmission and ECM for 10 years/150,000 miles. Toyota also pledged to reimburse any owners who had previously paid for repairs, if they had "proper proof". Good luck collecting on that one.