- June 18: Toyota Loses $12 Million 4Runner Axle Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- June 16: Toyota Rodent/Wiring Lawsuit Dismissed news | 5 days ago
- May 9: Toyota Highlander Steering Wheels Are Falling Off investigations | 43 days ago
- April 25: Continental Tire Wins Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 57 days ago
- April 4: 2018 Toyota Tacoma Bent Rear Axle Warped Brake Drums: Lawsuit news | 78 days ago
2003 Toyota RAV4
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: If you're looking for a vehicle with one of the most complained about transmission on the road, look no further than the 2001-2003 Toyota RAV4.
In 2001 Toyota completely redesigned the popular SUV. While some enjoyed the new look, they did not enjoy the harsh shifting, jumping from gear-to-gear and eventual transmission failure that cost owners well over $3,000 to fix. The problem stems from a malfunctioning Electronic Control Module (ECM).
Consumer outrage coupled with pressure from different agencies led Toyota to extend the warranty nationwide back in 2010. The previous power train warranty only covered 5 years/60,000 miles, while the extended warranty now covers the transmission and ECM for 10 years/150,000 miles. Toyota also pledged to reimburse any owners who had previously paid for repairs, if they had "proper proof". Good luck collecting on that one.