- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
2006 Ford Expedition
Worst 2006 Expedition engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine shuts off, fail safe engine light comes on58
- difficulties in changing spark plugs15
- engine runs very roughly12
- suddenly won't accelerate3
- engine surge2
- ignition coil failure2
- loss of power then will not restart2
- engine smokes when you first start it1
- fail safe light comes on, vehicle runs1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling62
- NHTSA: Engine30
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control15
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine12
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Expedition Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Expedition compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Expedition overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Expedition.