- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
- January 15: Ford Recalls Edge (Again): Gas Leak Could Cause Fire
- January 14: Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Over MyFord Touch Complaints
- January 3: The Worst Cars and Car Problems of 2013
- December 30: Ford Recalls Lincoln MKZ Hybrid For Roll Away Risk
- December 23: The Safest Cars to Drive in 2014
2000 Ford Explorer
Worst 2000 Explorer transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission failure31
- o/d light flashing18
- skipping gears14
- metal on metal sound2
- diagnostic code 0705 transmission range sensor1
- solenoid failure1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission78
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Park/Neutral ...6
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission6
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Cooling ...3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission: Lubricant1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.