- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 6 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 7 days ago
- February 3: Nissan Altima Recalled After Rear Doors Kept Opening recalls | 16 days ago
- January 22: Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles Recalled Over Takata Airbags recalls | 28 days ago
- January 17: Nissan GT-R Melted Dashboard Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 33 days ago
2004 Nissan Maxima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2004 Maxima suspension Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- all shocks at different heights2
- front end assembly went out1
- front strut leaking fluid1
- NHTSA: Suspension45
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Macpherson Strut26
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front22
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Shock Absorber3
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Springs: Coil Springs2
- NHTSA: Suspension: Rear2
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Control Arm: Lower Arm1
- NHTSA: Suspension: Rear: Shock Absorber1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.