- October 21: Nissan Recalls Versa to Fix Defective Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 1 days ago
- October 3: Nissan Versa Airbag Deployments Under Investigation investigations | 19 days ago
- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 43 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 52 days ago
- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 78 days ago
Jerks When Shifting
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 3 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 107,753 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 150 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (66 reports)
- not sure (53 reports)
- the transmission valve body needs replacing (17 reports)
- replace broken motor mounts (4 reports)
- the errors were- 1.) faulty crankshaft position sensor, 2.) (3 reports)
- replace about 3/4 of your transmission fluid - NOT FILTER (2 reports)