- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 2 days ago
- March 11: Nissan Versa Recall: Airbags Deploy From Shutting Doors recalls | 11 days ago
- March 7: Nissan Altima and Maxima Steering Lock Problems to be Fixed news | 15 days ago
- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 37 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 38 days ago
Jerks When Shifting
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 8 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 107,903 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 155 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (67 reports)
- not sure (55 reports)
- the transmission valve body needs replacing (18 reports)
- replace broken motor mounts (5 reports)
- the errors were- 1.) faulty crankshaft position sensor, 2.) (3 reports)
- replace about 3/4 of your transmission fluid - NOT FILTER (2 reports)