- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 25 days ago
- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 35 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 44 days ago
- May 7: Nissan Recalls Versa and Versa Note Over Takata Airbags recalls | 46 days ago
- May 5: 2009 Nissan Murano Brake Issues Investigated investigations | 48 days ago
Jerks When Shifting
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 8 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 107,631 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 162 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (68 reports)
- not sure (59 reports)
- the transmission valve body needs replacing (18 reports)
- replace broken motor mounts (6 reports)
- replace about 3/4 of your transmission fluid - NOT FILTER (3 reports)
- the errors were- 1.) faulty crankshaft position sensor, 2.) (3 reports)