- May 29: Nissan Recalls 402,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 1 days ago
- May 16: South Korea Accuses Nissan of Cheating Emissions Tests news | 14 days ago
- May 12: Mitsubishi: 'Improper Manipulation' of Fuel Consumption Rates news | 18 days ago
- May 5: Consumer Group: Don't Buy Nissan Pathfinder, Frontier or Xterra news | 25 days ago
- May 4: Nissan Recalls Rogue For Lift Gates That Won't Stay Open recalls | 26 days ago
Jerks When Shifting
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 106,665 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 145 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (64 reports)
- not sure (51 reports)
- the transmission valve body needs replacing (17 reports)
- replace broken motor mounts (4 reports)
- the errors were- 1.) faulty crankshaft position sensor, 2.) (3 reports)
- replace about 3/4 of your transmission fluid - NOT FILTER (2 reports)