- January 29: Nissan Recalls 930,000 Altima Cars To Replace Hood Latches recalls | 10 days ago
- December 12: Nissan Recalls Rogue To Fix Roll Away Risk recalls | 58 days ago
- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers recalls | 79 days ago
Jerks When Shifting
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 107,280 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 141 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (62 reports)
- not sure (51 reports)
- the transmission valve body needs replacing (16 reports)
- replace broken motor mounts (4 reports)
- the errors were- 1.) faulty crankshaft position sensor, 2.) (3 reports)
- replace about 3/4 of your transmission fluid - NOT FILTER (2 reports)