- September 11: Dutch Prosecutors Investigating Jeep and Suzuki Emissions news | 9 days ago
- September 10: BMW, Daimler and Volkswagen in German Crosshairs news | 10 days ago
- August 28: BMW M3 Lawsuit Over S65 Engines Won't Be Dismissed news | 23 days ago
- August 24: BMW Recalls X3 and M6 Vehicles to Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 27 days ago
- August 1: BMW Recalls Older 3-Series and 5-Series Cars recalls | 50 days ago
2012 BMW 740
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2012 BMW 740
Official recalls have been issued for the 2012 BMW 740 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local BMW service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call BMW customer service.
2012 BMW 740 ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE:OTHER FUEL TYPES:TURBO-CHARGER NHTSA Campaign #12V161000
Summary: BMW is recalling certain model year 2011 5-series, 5-series gran turismo, model year 2012 6-series convertible, 7-series, X5 sav, and X6 sav vehicles equipped with 8- or 12-cylinder, turbocharged, engines because the circuit board for the electric auxiliary water pump can overheat.
Consequence: This could lead to a smoldering of the pump or an engine compartment or vehicle fire.
Actions: BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the auxiliary water pump free of charge. The safety recall began on April 30, 2012. Owners may contact BMW customer relations and services at 1-800-525-7417. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #12V161000 »