- October 15: Feds Close Investigation Into BMW's Recall Failures investigations | 2 days ago
- October 12: BMW Recalls X3 2.5i, X3 3.0i and X3 xDrive30i Over Airbags recalls | 5 days ago
- September 21: MINI Cooper Oil Filter Housing Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 26 days ago
- September 11: Dutch Prosecutors Investigating Jeep and Suzuki Emissions news | 36 days ago
- September 10: BMW, Daimler and Volkswagen in German Crosshairs news | 37 days ago
2016 BMW 740
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2016 BMW 740
Official recalls have been issued for the 2016 BMW 740 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local BMW service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call BMW customer service.
2016 BMW 740 AIR BAGS:FRONTAL:SENSOR/CONTROL MODULE NHTSA Campaign #16V173000
Summary: BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2016 740Li, 750Li, and 750Lxi vehicles manufactured July 1, 2015, to December 11, 2015. The affected vehicles have an air bag control module that may randomly reset due to an electrical short circuit as a result of residual metallic particles from the manufacturing process.
Consequence: In the event of a crash while the air bag module is resetting, the air bags may not deploy, increasing the risk of occupant injury.
Actions: BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the air bag control module, free of charge. The recall began on July 11, 2016. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V173000 »