- January 21: BMW Recalls X5 and X6 For Takata Airbags recalls | 27 days ago
- January 7: BMW Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Says Panoramic Glass Shatters news | 41 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 51 days ago
- December 15: German Authorities Find More VW Emissions Defeat Devices news | 64 days ago
- December 10: UK Authorities Ban BMW i3 Advertisement news | 69 days ago
2015 BMW M6
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2015 BMW M6
Official recalls have been issued for the 2015 BMW M6 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local BMW service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call BMW customer service.
2015 BMW M6 POWER TRAIN:DRIVELINE:DRIVESHAFT NHTSA Campaign #16V540000
Summary: BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2015 BMW M5 sedans manufactured September 4, 2014, through December 4, 2014, 2015 M6 coupes manufactured September 3, 2014, through December 3, 2014, 2015 M6 convertibles manufactured September 8, 2014, through December 4, 2014, and 2015 M6 Gran Coupe vehicles manufactured September3, 2014, through December 4, 2014. The affected vehicles have a driveshaft that may have been inadequately welded during manufacturing.
Consequence: Due to the improper weld, the driveshaft may fracture and fail, causing loss of drive to the rear wheels and a loss of propulsion. Additionally, if the car is turned off and exited without the parking brake applied, the car may roll. Either condition increases the risk of a crash.
Actions: BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and replace the driveshaft, as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin during September 2016. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V540000 »