- January 21: BMW Recalls X5 and X6 For Takata Airbags recalls | 2 days ago
- January 7: BMW Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Says Panoramic Glass Shatters news | 16 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 26 days ago
- December 15: German Authorities Find More VW Emissions Defeat Devices news | 39 days ago
- December 10: UK Authorities Ban BMW i3 Advertisement news | 44 days ago
2013 BMW X6
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2013 BMW X6
Official recalls have been issued for the 2013 BMW X6 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local BMW service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call BMW customer service.
2013 BMW X6 STEERING NHTSA Campaign #12V267000
Summary: BMW is recalling certain model year 2012 X5 vehicles equipped with a diesel engine and 2013 X5 and X6 vehicles. Due to a machining error of the steering gear surface, power steering fluid may leak.
Consequence: Leaking power steering fluid can spray onto hot exhaust parts, increasing the risk of an engine compartment fire.
Actions: BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect, and if necessary, replace the steering gear free of charge. The safety recall began on July 20, 2012. Owners may contact BMW customer relations and services at 1-800-525-7417. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #12V267000 »