- June 13: General Motors Vehicles Recalled For Airbag Warning Lights recalls | 0 days ago
- May 7: GM Recalls Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse and GMC Acadia recalls | 37 days ago
- April 2: GM Headlight Failure Investigation Closed investigations | 72 days ago
- April 1: GM Class Action Lawsuit Over Fuse Blocks Dismissed news | 73 days ago
2006 Buick Rainier
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Buick Rainier has a lot going for it and just a few issues that keep it from making our "best vehicles" list.
The good news is the SUV has a quiet interior (thanks to triple door seals, acoustic laminate glass, and thicker sound-absorbing pads), a low number of overall complaints, and a RWD system which offers good balance and handling.
So close, Buick. So close.
Worst 2006 Buick Rainier Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- exterior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 8
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 15
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 36
- lights problemsNHTSA: 12
- engine problemsNHTSA: 7
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 7
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 5
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 4
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 4
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 3
- steering problemsNHTSA: 2
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Buick Rainier Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Rainier compares to other years?
Check out our Buick Rainier overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Rainier.