ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

1996 Chevrolet Blazer seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Chevrolet Blazer:

1996 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

May 061999

Blazer 4WD

I was involved in an accident on May 6, 1999. I had a vehicle pull out in front of me going about 65 mph. I ended up T- boning him on his driver side. My air bag did not deploy, my seatbelt did not hold me in position to where I hit the rearveiw mirror with my forehead and broke it. The road surface was wet because it had rained earlier. The boy in the other vehicle was driving an older model S-10 Blazer the impact throw him to the passenger side of his vehicle. He substained minor injuries while am suffering from severe whiplash, back-aches, head-aches and numbness. I strongly feel with the impact I took the air bag should"ve deployed and the seat belt should"ve held me in place and brakes would"ve slowed me down sooner. In the police report it is marked no for safety device on but it was on because I remember having to reach my cell phone to call for helpbut at that time it had locked me in and I had to release the lever to move to where the cell phone had falling. I called the police department and talked to dan mack who investigated the accident. He said he agreed with me because I would"ve substained more injuries. As of my knowledge the police report was never changed. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and services.

- Castlewood, SD, USA

Dec 021999

Blazer

While driving 35 mph had a direct frontal impact, and driver's airbag did not deploy which did not protect the occupant in this crash.

- Lubbock, TX, USA

Nov 191999

Blazer

Vehicle was struck while parked, and consumer was getting out of vehicle (hit & run). Also while pursuing the vehicle, the other vehicle was put into reverse and rammed over consumer's bumper, again driver's air bag failed to deploy. Dealer contacted.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Oct 241999

Blazer

While driving home at about 55 mph consumer believed that he hit some gravel, and it made the car lose control. Consumer then hit a wall. Upon impact, airbags did not deploy, and front of car was smashed. Cosumer sustained cuts and bruises that needed to be stitched.

- Largo, MD, USA

Oct 241999

- Largo, MD, USA

Jul 251998

Blazer

The driver's air bag did not deploy during accident. Vehicle hit another vehicle that was going at 40mph, and brakes malfunctioned. Dealer cannot duplicate the problem.

- Suwannee, GA, USA

Apr 021998

Blazer 4WD

ABS brakes failed twice, once resulting in a crash. No deployment of driver's/passenger's air bags upon impact.

- Woodbury, MN, USA

Apr 021998

- Woodbury, MN, USA

Dec 231997

Blazer

Consumer was involevd in a frontal collision, hitting a tree in which the driver's air bag did not deploy.

- Woodbury, NJ, USA

Oct 301997

Blazer

When Blazer was involved in a crash, traveling about 45 mph, with damages in the front end, mostly left front, totalling $5,000 and the driver's side air bag did not deploy.

- Clio, MN, USA

Aug 111997

Blazer

No deployment of driver's and passenger's air bags upon impact, resulting in injuries.

- Deerfield Beach, FL, USA

Aug 111997

- Deerfield Beach, FL, USA

Jun 061997

Blazer

Consumer was involved in 50 mph frontal collison in which the driver's air bag did not deploy.

- Sartell, MN, USA

Apr 191997

Blazer

Vehicles ABS brakes locked up, causing vehicle to lose control. Car hit a tree at 11:00 position at 30mph and driver's side airbag did not deploy. The driver hit the windshield.

- St. Paul, MN, USA

Mar 311997

Blazer

During front impact at speeds of 45 to 50 mph, the driver's side air bag did not deploy.

- Adams, WI, USA

Nov 151996

Blazer

Failure of the anti-lock brakes, consumer applied force to the brake pedal and the pedal went to the floor, causing the consumer to have an accident, the driver side air bag did not deploy.

- Buena Park, CA, USA

Oct 121996

Blazer 4WD

No deployment of driver's air bag in a rearend collision, resulting in an injury, also passenger seat released and slid to its forward position.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Oct 021996

Blazer

Vehicle was involved in an accident and hit a pole head-on, the driver's side air bag did not deploy.

- Duncan, OK, USA

Aug 241996

Blazer 4WD

Hit another car and the air bag did not deploy.

- Brookline, MA, USA

Mar 041996

Blazer

During frontal collision air bag did not deploy.

- Ludlow, MA, USA