- October 17: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Sierra Over Fire Dangers recalls | 2 days ago
- October 16: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Over Child Seat Issues recalls | 3 days ago
- October 10: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Failures Lead to Lawsuit news | 9 days ago
- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 34 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 35 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : GM/Brake Hose Fracture
1998 Chevrolet Blazer
Partial loss of braking at a time when minimum stopping distance was required could result in a vehicle crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- Vehicle description: Light duty pickup trucks and multi-purpose passenger vehicles. A fatigue fracture of the rear axle right-hand brake pipe can occur causing a slow brake fluid leak resulting in a soft brake pedal. If the brake pipe breaks, the driver would experience a sudden drop in the brake pedal, the instrument panel brake light would illuminate, and there would be a loss of rear brake performance.
- Dealers will inspect and replace the brake pipe.
Click a tab for more information.