- January 7: GM Class-Action Lawsuit Targets CP4 Fuel Pumps news | 12 days ago
- December 24: GM 8-Speed Transmission Fix Useless, Claims Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
- December 19: Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled recalls | 31 days ago
- December 13: GM Recalls Buick Encore, Chevy Spark, Traverse and Trax recalls | 37 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 39 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : GM/Brake Hose Fracture
1998 Chevrolet Blazer
Partial loss of braking at a time when minimum stopping distance was required could result in a vehicle crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- Vehicle description: Light duty pickup trucks and multi-purpose passenger vehicles. A fatigue fracture of the rear axle right-hand brake pipe can occur causing a slow brake fluid leak resulting in a soft brake pedal. If the brake pipe breaks, the driver would experience a sudden drop in the brake pedal, the instrument panel brake light would illuminate, and there would be a loss of rear brake performance.
- Dealers will inspect and replace the brake pipe.
Click a tab for more information.