- September 28: GM Infotainment System Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
- September 23: Chevrolet Caprice Police Pursuit Steering Gear Recall Issued recalls | 29 days ago
- September 22: GM Recalls Buick Encore GX and Chevrolet Trailblazer recalls | 30 days ago
- September 19: GM Piston Ring Lawsuit Fails Class Action Certification news | 33 days ago
- September 6: Chevy Camaro Starter Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 46 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIT3046G
1998 Chevrolet Blazer
Affected Component: FUEL SYSTEM, OTHER:STORAGE:FUEL GAUGE SYSTEM
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician about vehicles that have an inaccurate fuel gauge. Technician should drive the vehicle to duplicate the concern. The fuel gauge will have a tendency to falsely indicate a lower fuel level than what is actually present. The fuel gauge will take a few minutes to show the correct fuel level. On vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission no buffering takes place when the transmission is in park or neutral. This is a normal characteristic and no repairs are necessary. On vehicles equipped with a manual transmission the fuel gauge is buffered in all gears and neutral. There is a timer which starts to count up when the clutch is depressed. When this timer reaches its calibrated value the buffering stops. This is a normal characteristic and no repairs are necessary.
Click a tab for more information.