- February 16: Chevrolet Malibu Recall Issued After Airbag Inflator Ruptured recalls | 7 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 13 days ago
- January 7: GM Class-Action Lawsuit Targets CP4 Fuel Pumps news | 47 days ago
- December 24: GM 8-Speed Transmission Fix Useless, Claims Lawsuit news | 61 days ago
- December 19: Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled recalls | 66 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…
Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.
All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 64,300 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 15 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (5 reports)
- replace thermostat housing (3 reports)
- top up dexcool (3 reports)
- replace engine (1 reports)
- replace thermostat, hose, outlet housing (1 reports)
- replaced coolant outlet housing/coolant reservoir hose (1 reports)
cooling system problem