- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 1 days ago
- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 15 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 19 days ago
- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 36 days ago
- October 17: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Sierra Over Fire Dangers recalls | 56 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 00090: GM/Side Impact Air Bag Module
2001 Chevrolet Impala
If the inflator separates, the air bag will not deploy properly during a crash and occupant protection would be reduced. If is also possible that a separated inflator could be propelled downward and could result in injury to a rear seat passenger whose foot is positioned approximately under the inflator module.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. Some of these vehicles exhibit a condition in which the driver side impact air bag inflator separates from the air bag module during deployment.
- Dealers will replace the side impact air bag module.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.