- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 5 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 6 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 7 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 8 days ago
- September 8: GM Side Blind Zone Alert Lawsuit Argued in Court news | 12 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 14330: Loss Of Power Steering Assist
2014 Chevrolet Impala
If power steering assist is lost, greater driver effort would be required to steer the vehicle at low speeds, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2014 Chevrolet Impala vehicles manufactured November 5, 2012, to December 20, 2013. Due to a poor electrical ground connection to the Power Steering Control Module (PSCM), the affected vehicles may have a loss of power steering assist during start up or while driving.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will clean paint from behind the ground stud nut and update the PSCM software, free of charge. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. The recall began on August 21, 2014. GM's number for this recall is 14330.
- Documents (12)
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Defect Notice(Part 573)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q4
- Renotification Notice
Click a tab for more information.