- January 7: GM Class-Action Lawsuit Targets CP4 Fuel Pumps news | 9 days ago
- December 24: GM 8-Speed Transmission Fix Useless, Claims Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- December 19: Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled recalls | 28 days ago
- December 13: GM Recalls Buick Encore, Chevy Spark, Traverse and Trax recalls | 34 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 36 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 14330: Loss Of Power Steering Assist
2014 Chevrolet Impala
If power steering assist is lost, greater driver effort would be required to steer the vehicle at low speeds, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2014 Chevrolet Impala vehicles manufactured November 5, 2012, to December 20, 2013. Due to a poor electrical ground connection to the Power Steering Control Module (PSCM), the affected vehicles may have a loss of power steering assist during start up or while driving.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will clean paint from behind the ground stud nut and update the PSCM software, free of charge. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. The recall began on August 21, 2014. GM's number for this recall is 14330.
- Documents (12)
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Defect Notice(Part 573)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q4
- Renotification Notice
Click a tab for more information.