- September 21: Takata Airbag Investigation Includes 30 Million Vehicles investigations | 6 days ago
- September 16: General Motors Oil Consumption Lawsuit Dismissed news | 11 days ago
- September 1: Airbag Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Chrysler and GM news | 26 days ago
- August 23: Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and GMC Sierra 2500 Recalled recalls | 35 days ago
- August 22: GM Shift to Park Lawsuit Says Vehicles Can't Be Shut Off news | 36 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #N182188250
2018 Chevrolet Malibu
Affected Component: VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL:ACCELERATOR PEDAL
- Certain 2016-2018 model year Chevrolet Malibu, 2017-2018 model year Buick LaCrosse, and 2018 model year Buick Regal vehicles may have a condition which affects the electrical connection to one of the vehicle?s accelerator pedal position sensors. If this electrical connection is interrupted, the accelerator pedal will still function, but the vehicle will enter a reduced engine power mode in which the vehicle?s maximum acceleration and torque are reduced. Additionally, the Malfunction Indicator Light (Check Engine Light) will illuminate, the ?Engine Power is Reduced? message will display, and a diagnostic trouble code for Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Correlation (P2138) will be set when this condition occurs. Dealers are to replace the accelerator pedal and position sensor assembly as necessary and repair the engine wire harness (Malibu LFV only). The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer.
Click a tab for more information.