- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 9 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 10 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 11 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 12 days ago
- September 8: GM Side Blind Zone Alert Lawsuit Argued in Court news | 16 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 01043: GM/Seat Belt Retractor
2001 Chevrolet Suburban
In a crash, increased occupant injury could result from the no-lock condition.
Seat Belts — Front — Retractor
- Vehicle description: Pickup and utility trucks. Some of these vehicles have an internal component in the outboard seat belt retractors for the 2nd and 3rd row of seats that could be cracked. With repeated actuation of the locking mechanism, the crack could spread to the point such that the seat belt would no longer lock.
- Dealers will inspect the outboard seat belts for specific lot numbers and replace the belts if necessary. GM is enclosing an inspection procedure for the owners to use or they can have their dealers do the inspections. Owner notification began July 2, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.