7.7

2. replace dashboard (1 reports)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Suburban:

2011 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Oct 012013

Suburban LTZ 5.3L V8

This is my 4th Chevy Suburban and I've never had an issue like this. The dashboard cracked at the airbag. Once this crack happened, it caused the dashboard to bounce. This caused the dashboard to crack behind the steering wheel. For several years I've had to keep a wedge in the gaps to alleviate the terrible bounce. I'm afraid this is also a safety issue with the airbag.

I've spoken to my local Chevrolet dealer on several occasions and they've said the same thing multiple times. Not covered. I must purchase a new dashboard...roughly $1500. To say the least, this is infuriating. I have the same issue on two additional Chevy trucks. My wife's Tahoe and my sons Silverado. Told the same thing on all three.

- Howard M., Sanford, US

Feb 012016

Suburban LTZ 5.3L

Dash cracking above instrument cluster, about 6 inches long. Live in PNW so no extreme heat or cold.

- Larry S., Olympia, WA, US

Apr 012016

Suburban

Do not buy Chevrolet products. The use inferior components and do not last.

- Charles H., Huntingdon, TN, US

Sep 012015

Suburban

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard

There is a page on Facebook, "07-13 GM Cracked dash safety hazard for all trucks" that has 3,615 members all complaining of this issue. The cracks appear on the corners of the airbag in the dash or over the instrument panel. We have all contacted GM and most have had no luck. The majority of us are told that the dash is not covered under warranty or the repair price for the replacement is done on a case by case basis. Most of us are told that it depends on age of vehicle, mileage and service history at our dealership. Our issue with this is the safety matter. If we are to be involved in an accident, these broken dash pieces can go flying at you on impact.

- bchbumz05, Newport, NC, US

Aug 012015

Suburban LTZ 1500

Very concerned that the cracks on the dashboard started around the Passenger Airbag and now have spread all the way across to the dial area. From what I have read it seems this is a happening to a lot of the GM/Chevy vehicles and is a problem GM should really issue a recall to fix. Are they waiting for someone to die when a airbag deploys and the sharp plastic the cracks are making immediately deflates the airbag and it is useless? Step-up GM and issue the recall and fix the problem before it is too late.

- cfccarefreescsc, Indian Land, SC, US

May 082013

Suburban LTZ V8

It started as a small crack on the driver side of dashboard. Within two weeks, the crack became much bigger. After another two weeks, a crack appeared on the passenger side of the dash. Now there are several large cracks on my dashboard. This car was not involved in an accident, and it is not driven over rugged terrain. So I don't understand how these cracks occurred. I have never had this happen with ANY other vehicle I have owned.

- Ramiro M., San Antonio, TX, US