- March 13: GM Recalls Chevy and Cadillac Vehicles For Power Steering Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- February 16: Chevrolet Malibu Recall Issued After Airbag Inflator Ruptured recalls | 29 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 35 days ago
- January 7: GM Class-Action Lawsuit Targets CP4 Fuel Pumps news | 69 days ago
- December 24: GM 8-Speed Transmission Fix Useless, Claims Lawsuit news | 83 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 18289: Temporary Loss Of Electric Power Steering (EPS)
2015 Chevrolet Suburban
If EPS assist is lost and then suddenly returns, the driver may have difficulty steering the vehicle, especially at low speeds, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Tahoe and Suburban, GMC Sierra 1500 and Yukon, and Cadillac Escalade vehicles. Electric power steering (EPS) assist may be lost momentarily, followed by a sudden return of EPS assist.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will update the EPS module software, free of charge. The recall began October 12, 2018. Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006, Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 and GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 18289.
Click a tab for more information.