- October 17: GM Tri-Fold Soft Tonneau Cover Recall Affects 7,200 Trucks recalls | 3 days ago
- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement On Hold news | 8 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 13 days ago
- October 1: Chevy Camaro Ignition Key Recall Issued Again recalls | 19 days ago
- September 22: Chevy Volt Passenger Airbag Sensor Investigation Opened investigations | 28 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 18315: Rear Seatbelt Retractor May Not Lock/FMVSS 208
2019 Chevrolet Suburban
If the child seat is not properly secured in the event of a crash, it can increase the risk of injury.
Seat Belts — Rear
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2018-2019 Cadillac CT6, Escalade ESV, Chevrolet Suburban, Volt, and GMC Yukon XL vehicles. Certain second-row or third-row rear seatbelts retractor assemblies may not automatically lock when the seatbelt is fully pulled out of the retractor, possibly preventing a child seat from being properly secured. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the rear seatbelt retractors and replace them if necessary, free of charge. The recall began November 7, 2018. Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006, Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 18315.
Click a tab for more information.