2013 Chevrolet Tahoe accessories - interior problems: cracked dashboard

Cracked Dashboard

2013 Chevrolet Tahoe

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of

CarComplaints.com Notes: This might be the Tahoe sweet spot. The 2013 has a great safety rating (as long as you don't roll it over), tons of room and few complaints. What it doesn't have is the interior accessory problems of the older or newer generations.

6.3

2013 Chevrolet Tahoe accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2013 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Jul 122019

Tahoe KTA V6

The top right side of the dashboard has a 2-3" crack. And it's getting bigger! Chevrolet/GM should fix it!!!! All the company offers is a video about how to repair its FLAWED dashboard workmanship.

- Erik J., Indianapolis, IN, US

Mar 152019

Tahoe LT

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard cracked dashboard

I was driving down the highway at dusk when I heard a loud "pop". I thought something had struck my windshield. When I arrived home I noticed some white fibers on the dash board. After further inspection I saw the crack in my dash board and am assuming the white fibers came out of the crack. My car has only 76,000 miles on it, is garaged accept when I am at work. In the warmer months I use sunshades on the windshield to protect the dash.

My previous Tahoe was purchased in 2000 new. I drove that vehicle for 17 years and 235,000 miles without my dashboard cracking.

I feel there should be a recall on this and free replacement by GM. I am not the only Chevrolet owner with this same problem.

- Deborah V., Ooltewah, US

Sep 012017

Tahoe LTZ 5.3L

A vehicle that stickers at 60k and the dash is falling apart and GM's response to date has been a polite "screw you". The (original) dash in my 1977 Trans Am is in better shape.

- Kevin H., Durham, US

Jan 072017

Tahoe LT

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard cracked dashboard

I am trying to trade in my vehicle and I cannot with this huge hole/crack in my dashboard on the drivers side. It is a safety issue. This is costing me about $3,000 in lower trade in value, on an otherwise well taken care of vehicle.

- Teresa R., Katy, TX, US

Mar 012017

Tahoe

I love my Tahoe however it's concerning that my dashboard cracked for no reason.

- Laura M., Houston, TX, US

Apr 052016

Tahoe LTZ V6

Bought our 2013 Chevy Tahoe LTZ on Sept 2013 and already noticed that there was a crack on the dashboard by the airbag on the passenger side. I was lucky to notice this. My husband took the Tahoe to the dealership to get it replaced since it is still under warranty.

- Oralia R., San Antonio, TX, US