- January 11: Gear Box Z Lawsuit Filed By The U.S. Government news | 14 days ago
- November 28: Fiat 500 Cars Recalled For Gear Shifter Failures recalls | 58 days ago
- November 22: Chrysler TIPM Recall Issued For 698,000 SUVs recalls | 64 days ago
- November 17: Dodge Grand Caravans Recalled For Seat Problems recalls | 69 days ago
- November 12: FCA Recalls Dodge Challengers and Dodge Chargers recalls | 74 days ago
Dodge Recall U82, U83: Cruise Control Cannot Be Cancelled
2018 Dodge Challenger
If the vehicle maintains its speed or accelerates despite attempts to deactivate the cruise control, there would be an increased risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Control Module (PCM/TCM)
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain Mopar Stage 1 Kit Performance Packages Powertrain Control Modules (PCM) Part Numbers P5160023, P5160025, and Demon Crate PCM Part Number 68412287AA. The PCMs are being recalled to address a defect that could prevent the cruise control system from disengaging. If, when using cruise control, there is a short circuit within the vehicle's wiring, the driver may not be able to shut off the cruise control either by depressing the brake pedal or manually turning the system off once it has been engaged, resulting in either the vehicle maintaining its current speed or possibly accelerating.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will either perform a software update or replace the PCM, free of charge. The recall began July 26, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U82, and U83.
Click a tab for more information.