- October 8: Ford Recalls Ranger SuperCabs With Fixed Headrests recalls | 12 days ago
- October 7: Ford Bronco Recall Issued Over Airbag Failures recalls | 13 days ago
- October 2: Ford Fusion Transmission Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- September 30: Ford Mustang Backup Camera Not Working, Alleges Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
- September 29: More Than 126,000 Ford Explorers Recalled Over Rear Suspensions recalls | 21 days ago
Ford TSB #SSM 48130
2014 Ford Edge
Affected Component: VISIBILITY:GLASS, SIDE/REAR
- Some 2010-2020 vehicles may exhibit distorted glass with a subtle orange peel pattern or streaking etched into the surface. This is caused by hydrofluoric acid which is used in some car wash solutions as a cleaning agent. Hydrofluoric acid can attack the glass and cause visual distortion and/or discoloration on the outer surface which cannot be removed by further cleaning. If this type of distortion is found, inspect the area of the glass that is covered by the cowl and/or molding. The portion of glass that is covered by the cowl or molding will not be affected by the acid. Hydrofluoric acid damage is not a defect in material or workmanship and is not a warrantable condition.
Click a tab for more information.