- December 9: Ford 'Death Wobble' Lawsuit Says F-250 and F-350 Trucks Affected news | 1 days ago
- December 6: Ford Explorers and Lincoln Aviators Recalled For Fire Risk recalls | 4 days ago
- December 6: Ford Recalls Ford F-250, F-350 and F-450 Super Duty Trucks recalls | 4 days ago
- December 1: Ford F-150 Peeling Paint Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 9 days ago
- November 25: Ford Ranger Tail Light Recall Issued For 78,000 Trucks recalls | 15 days ago
2005 Ford Escape
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Escape has problems where the engine shuts down while driving. Ford finally issued a September 2014 recall. Time will tell if the recall fix really solves the problem.
However the 2005 Escape also has a defect where the PCM (Power Control Module) fries at around 100k miles. Ford extended the PCM warranty to 80,000 miles, but only after most owners were past the mileage limit. Now owners are on the hook for the average repair cost of over $2,000 (!!)
2005 Ford Escape Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Transmission Failure5
- Won't Engage Into Gear4
- Doesn't Always Shift Into Reverse2
- Od Light Flashes And Won't Go Into Gear2
- Jumped Out Of Drive To Netural1
- Shifting Roughly1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission28
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...7
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.